Successful Habits in Farming Today
A decade ago, you could focus on growing your crop, and making money on it took care of itself. You could buy inputs at planting time and sell all your bushels at harvest. That was simply standard practice.
But those days are over. The stakes are higher now. We’re in a sustained period of low margins and price volatility. These days, if you’re not paying attention to marketing year-round, you can miss opportunities just to break even.
You need to shift your farm into a higher, more profitable gear. That’s what this course can help you do.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the financial potential of small changes to positively impact profitability
- Calculate production costs to help you form price targets
- Understand how crop insurance can give you confidence to forward market
- Know how to buy inputs better so you can control costs and timing
- Recognize market fundamentals so you can identify opportunities
- Develop a written grain marketing plan to help guide your decisions
- Ed Usset, Grain Marketing Specialist, University of Minnesota Center for Farm Financial Management and author of “Grain Marketing is Simple (it’s just not easy)”
- Paul Neiffer, CPA and past president of Farm Financial Management Council
- Variety of ADM experts and grain producers